COMPETITION INFORMATION AND RULES
The South Coast Social will be held on Saturday the 11th of March 2023 at The Shed Pole in St Georges Basin.
Entries are via video. Entries open 17th September. The cut off date for entries is the 31st of Dec 2022.
Successful competitors will be announced on the 7th Jan 2023.
This competition is open to both male and female competitors who have never won in any social, state, national or international level competition. Competitors from all studios are welcome.
The format will be changing slightly in 2023 to incorporate a fairer judging system and to encourage more novice performers to compete.
There will now be three categories.
1) Beginners/Intermediate Solo
2) Advanced Solo
The basic categories rules are as follows
1) Beginners/Intermediate: Competitors may only invert from the floor (No aerial inverts). Competitors are not allowed to perform any invert move where the body is away from the pole and only the arms are holding on (eg. static V is not allowed in this level). As a general rule there should be 3 points of contact when upside down in any move.
2) Advanced Solo: Competitors are allowed to perform aerial inverts and any invert move with any amount (or lack of) of contact points.
3) Groups: Competitors are allowed to perform aerial inverts and any invert move with any amount (or lack of) of contact points.
Feel free to contact us if you need further clarification.
Solo Performers will have 2 x 40mm brass poles to work with, Stage left on spin and Stage right on static (detailed performance dimensions will be sent to competitors).
Groups will have 2 x 40mm brass poles to work with, and will be able to direct the spin or static setting.
Competitors will be judged on the execution of moves, musicality and stage presence. It is about the overall performance and showmanship. Judges criteria will be sent to competitors upon successful application.
This competition is designed to celebrate the individuals creativity and talent. It is a chance to have a go at competing in a supportive, non threatening, friendly environment.
All competitors will receive a sponsor goody bag. 1st and 2nd will be awarded in each category.
There will be an overall winner, chosen from all three categories. The overall winner will receive $200 and the opportunity to be a guest performer and judge the following year. (Groups will nominate one person to judge).
- Entry form (below)
- Video Entry (post link in entry form)
- $10 entry - go to the shop section of this site.
(Please note, you will not be refunded in unsuccessful)
VIDEO ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 90sec-2mins of continuous filming (meaning you can't edit the video of your best performances).
- This video does not need to be of your final routine.
- We are looking for personality, style and that X factor!
- If applying for the group division - all members must be in the video - but you don't necessarily have to be doing the same thing.
Entries for 2023 are closed